What devastating revelation has your child made to you?

A 9-year-old girl, Theresa, experienced a devastating revelation after witnessing her 12-year-old sister's tragic death.

Despite receiving therapy and care, Theresa struggled with PTSD and survivor guilt, and her childhood came to an end. She struggled to find joy in the simplest things, haunted by memories that would not fade. The author tried to comfort her, but a darkness enveloping her remained. 



The author wished they could take her pain away, but she knew that it was something she could do for herself. The author argues that children find it more difficult to express their hurt and fear and that they could pass away just as quickly and vanish from our lives, like Denise did from Theresa and her sister.


"Would you rather that I passed away than Denise? Theresa, my adorable 9-year-old, gave me a tearful expression. She was in excruciating pain after witnessing her 12-year-old sister get slain in a school crosswalk by a driver who ran a red light. Everywhere we went—the funeral, the school, and other events—she heard the amazing things others had said about Denise. She was really told by a foolish and unkind teacher, "You're nothing like your sister; she was special." You ought to have been the one to do it. (She was ultimately let go.)



I tried my hardest to show Theresa how much I cared. I told her that although I was heartbroken by Denise's passing and how much I missed her, I would never, in a million years, want to lose her! To me, she was just as special. She was my little child. I will always and forever love her to the moon and back. (A catchphrase we frequently use.) Despite receiving therapy and care, she struggled with PTSD and survivor guilt for a very long time. Her childhood came to an end on the day her sister passed away; she was no longer the happy, carefree youngster she always was.



I watched as she struggled to find joy in the simplest of things, haunted by the memories that would not fade. I tried to be there for her, to listen and comfort her, but there was a darkness that seemed to envelop her, no matter how hard she tried to fight it. I wished I could take her pain away, but I knew that was something only she could do for herself. So I stood by her side, offering my love and support, hoping that one day she would find peace and healing.



When I hear people claim that children are resilient and that they overcome tragedy and pain, they are speaking ignorantly. Youngsters find it more difficult to express their hurt and fear. When someone close to them passes away, they realize that they could pass away just as quickly and vanish from our lives, like Denise did from Theresa's and mine.



Life can be so harsh. I had a close friendship with Theresa. We developed to be friends as well as mother and daughter when she reached maturity. A few years ago, she relocated to live close to me. Then, in an accident that was uncannily identical to her sister's, she passed away two years ago. A head-on collision was caused by an insane motorist.


I am grateful that my children have always known my love for them, and that love never fades. Every day, I long for them.

Post a Comment





Kindly Contribute Any Amount 
To Support Helpfulsolv 


                        
                    
                                       
                                                               Monthly progress (0/500$)

 Thank you so much!
   Alternative donation methods: